The Women’s Health Regional Medical Specialist (WH RMS) is a critical position within the company, responsible for providing clinical education and support to healthcare providers (HCP) on prenatal genetics and hereditary cancer risk assessment and management. You will join an amazing team of genetic counselors as a field-based member of the Myriad Women’s Heath Medical Affairs department, working closely with the Commercial and internal Medical Services teams. In addition to working from the RMS’ home office, this full-time position requires field travel averaging 2 days/week (8 days/month). Approximately 80% of RMS time is devoted to clinical education through in-person and remote interactions, including preparation and follow-up. Approximately 20% of RMS time is spent on special projects, cross-departmental collaboration and other activities that support Myriad’s mission and strategic initiatives. The majority of travel is within a defined geographic area, with additional travel for educational or corporate meetings as needed.
The primary responsibility of the WH RMS is to educate healthcare providers. By demonstrating scientific knowledge and clinical expertise, the RMS helps influence vital behaviors to expand access to genetic
screening and testing within a geographic area.
A successful RMS will need to:
• Educate to empower healthcare providers in the adoption of hereditary cancer risk assessment and prenatal genetic screening, consistent with standard of care
• Deliver relevant scientific, clinical and educational support to internal and external partners
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with key providers and strategic accounts
• Manage time and area needs based on Myriad Corporate and Medical Affairs objectives
• Share best practices to elevate proficiencies among the Myriad Medical Affairs community and Commercial team(s)
Board Certified/Board Eligible Genetic Counselor with experience in cancer and/or prenatal genetics. Experience preferred but not required; exceptional Board Eligible GCs encouraged to apply.
Well-developed organizational, communication, presentation and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks concurrently.
Ability to interact effectively in a team environment and independently, regardless of personnel function or reporting responsibilities.