We are looking for a superb SAN and Linux Systems Administrator that wants to be part of a high performing team. You will have the opportunity to perform architecture design, implementation and administration of hardware and software systems in a global environment. Your combination of superior technical skill, excellent customer service, and innovative initiative will help the business succeed in its mission to transform patient’s lives through pioneering science and medicine.
What you will do...
● Be pragmatic: Handling multiple projects at the same time is a daily occurrence; you must be able to assess tradeoffs in an efficient manner and handle deliverables on short deadlines
● Strive for innovation: Continuous learning is essential to this role; you are encouraged to add to our institutional knowledge and find ways to incorporate the latest and the greatest in our system
● Be a team player: Everything happens within a team; you will have the opportunity to work with experts, define roadmaps, and contribute in the broader engineering team creating and administering systems that drive success
● Be ready to have fun: We have a great team environment and opportunities to enjoy where you work.
● Perform architecture design, implementation, and administration of hardware and software systems including, but not limited to:
○ Hitachi (HDS) SAN (VSP) & Brocade Directors
○ NetApp Filers
○ Both NAS file and block based storage
○ Global backup/recovery systems (NetBackup Enterprise)
○ RedHat Enterprise Linux
○ VMware ESX Infrastructure
○ Dell server hardware
○ Web/Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss)
○ Support OpenShift container architecture
○ Configuration and Monitoring systems (SaltStack, Nagios, Graphite, Cacti)
● Enhance documentation of environments
● Automate applicable processes using scripting skills (shell, perl)
● Contribute to on-call rotation for 24x7 support
● Participate in scheduled off hours monthly maintenance activities
● Resolve ticket requests from the business units and end users in a customer focused and timely manner
● User account administration
● Train users and cross-train IT staff as needed
● Ensure system backups are executed regularly and efficiently
● Ensure system security through use of tools and standard processes
● Work with vendors and service providers as needed to resolve issues and ensure best practices are followed
BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related degree, or equivalent experience
● 5+ years of progressively responsible work in SAN administration, preferably in a medium to large enterprise.
● Backup system administration, preferably NetBackup Enterprise
● 3+ years of Linux or Unix server administration.
● Perl and/or shell scripting skills
● Excellent troubleshooting skills
● Knowledge of NFS/CIFS, NIS, LDAP, and DNS
● Experience with Web/Application Server administration (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
● Experience with OpenShift container architecture
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
● Continuous improvement attitude – proactive approach to anticipate and plan for future needs and opportunities
● High standard of customer service, quality, and attention to detail
● Ability to utilize a high degree of creativity, analytical thinking, and initiative to solve business problems
● Ability to excel in multitasking situations
● Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment as well as work independently while following documented processes and procedures
● Desire to share knowledge amongst the team through documentation and cross-training
● Strong oral and written English language skills, including experience creating written documentation for technical and non-technical audiences. A consistent emphasis on enhancing documentation of environments and processes.
● Experience with successfully managing systems through all phases of the system lifecycle
● Experience creating and documenting new systems, processes, and procedures
● Ability to quickly learn new skills and systems
Myriad Genetics, is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.