This position will work closely with personnel in Biostatistics, Data Management and Clinical Operations to prepare and analyze data for internal and external presentations. This individual will also help validate the analyses of other biostatisticians.
1. Query databases and validate others’ queries in preparation of statistical analyses.
2. Assist with reviews of study protocols and data collection forms.
3. Collaborate with data management on database design, queries and critical data.
4. Check composition and content of raw data sets from clinical databases.
5. Develop statistical analysis plans, table shells and programming specifications.
6. Validate analysis data sets.
7. Use statistical software to program and produce tables, listings, figures and statistical analyses.
8. Interpret statistical output as well as prepare and give oral presentations of such output.
9. Assist with reviews of manuscripts and external presentations.
10. Work as an effective collaborator in clinical research under supervision of another biostatistician or independently.
11. Contribute to the development and implementation of internal process improvement initiatives.
1. Master’s degree in biostatistics or related field.
2. Proficiency in use of statistical software is required; SAS® and R are preferred.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Knowledge of basic statistical methods applicable to epidemiological and clinical trials.
5. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
6. Ability to work in a team environment with clinical monitors, data managers, biostatisticians and medical writers.
7. Strong commitment to quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.