The position reports to the Sr. Manager, IS & Technology. The incumbent initiates, and develops processes expected to result in partial or complete project fulfillment related to products or needed information.
The Junior Windows Systems Administrator position ensures that timely technical support is provided for the company’s Informational Technology systems.
• Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
• Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
• Documents, tracks, and monitors the all issues to ensure a timely resolution.
• Responsible for assigning certain issues to others where appropriate.
• May lead and direct the work of others.
• May perform various system administration tasks.
• Requires 2-4 years of experience with Windows Systems Administration.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Microsoft Active Directory user account administration.
• Microsoft Exchange User Mailbox administration.
• Managing client endpoints using LANDesk Management Suite or similar to manage client images and software/hardware inventory.
• Managing Windows Update Services (WSUS) for client endpoint Windows Updates.
• Managing and Administering WinMagic Disk Encryption or similar.
The position is accountable for following company procedures and working to the best of their ability to ensure quality in all aspects of the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.