The Privacy Manager is responsible for oversight and coordination of the privacy program and collaboration with the Director of Information Security on compliance with HIPAA Security requirements, to ensure protection of protected health information.
1. Serves as the organization’s internal privacy expert, advising personnel about privacy laws and their application to the organization.
2. Develops, implements, and updates organization privacy and information security policies and procedures in coordination with information technology, customer and medical services, and other departments.
3. Delivers initial and ongoing privacy and information security training to all personnel.
4. Promotes activities to foster privacy and information security awareness within the
5. Performs periodic privacy and information security risk assessments and ongoing
6. Works with legal counsel and relevant departments to ensure the organization has and
complies with appropriate information privacy contract provisions, specificall y business
7. Establishes, with relevant departments, a mechanism to track and report on access to
protected health information.
8. Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and addressing internal or external complaints concerning the organization’s privacy policies and procedures in coordination with other relevant departments.
9. Partners with information technology department and serves as a member of the
Information Security Task Force.
10. Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state information privacy laws and monitors developments in privacy and information security technologies to ensure
organizational adaptation and compliance.
11. Other duties assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Manager
(CIPM), Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC), Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP)
or equivalent professional certification is preferred.
3. Five (5) or more years of relevant privacy experience with a healthcare entity prefered. Additional experience with information security is preferred.
4. Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations (privacy and security), the HITECH Act, NIST
guidelines, and other leading HIPAA privacy and security resources.
5. Demonstrate a firm understanding of the interaction of the HIPAA privacy and security
laws and human subject’s research.
6. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain privacy and security programs.
7. Demonstrate professionalism, discretion and judgment through sound decision-making to obtain solutions through collaborative efforts with a wide-variety of offices and
8. Strong leadership, communication, and project management skills. Ability to drive change and implement new processes.
9. Highly effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to address personnel at different levels and from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
10. Must be proficient in working with computers including MS Office Suite.
Lifting Requirements – light work or exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
Physical Requirements – stationary positioning, moving, operating, ascending/descending, communicating, observing, pushing or pulling and reaching. Use of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.