Myriad Genetics is looking for a NetBackup Systems Administrator who possesses a strong level of experience and technical skill in a multi-site environment, will contribute within a fantastic team, and can demonstrate excellent customer service and initiative to ensure the business needs are understood and met.
• Primary duty is to administer Veritas NetBackup Appliances in a global environment.
• Assist in leading Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity program across the organization.
• Perform operational backup and recovery duties for Linux, Windows, and database systems.
• Participate in administration of SAN and Linux systems.
• Contribute to on-call rotation for 24x7 support of Linux server systems.
• Participate in scheduled off hours monthly maintenance activities
• Resolve ticket requests from the business units and end users in a timely manner
• Cross-train IT staff to support backup and recovery of various OS platforms.
• Create documentation for systems and processes and automate applicable processes
• Ensure system security through use of tools and standard processes
• Work with vendors and service providers as needed to resolve issues and ensure best practices are followed
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related degree, or equivalent experience
• 3-6 years of administering day to day operations of Veritas NetBackup systems, preferably in a medium to large enterprise
• Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Strong understanding of NetBackup architecture, policies, scheduling, and backup methodology in a heterogeneous environment
• Strong experience using NetBackup command line tools
• Strong experience with tuning and troubleshooting backup environments for optimal performance.
• Experience in managing and troubleshooting hardware issues for backup infrastructure including NetBackup Appliances, network configuration, tape libraries, disk storage, and fiber channel connectivity
• Strong experience administering database backups for Oracle, using RMAN, and Microsoft SQL.
• Strong experience administering backups of VMware based systems.
• Experience automating NetBackup tasks using scripts. Shell and Perl preferred.
• Continuous improvement attitude and proactive mentality to anticipate and plan for future needs and opportunities
• High standard of customer service, quality, and attention to detail
• Ability to utilize a high degree of creativity, analytical thinking, and initiative to solve business problems
• Ability to excel in high pressure multitasking situations
• Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment as well as work independently while following documented processes and procedures
• Desire to share knowledge amongst the team through cross-training and documentation of systems, processes, and procedures
• Strong oral and written English language skills including experience creating written documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with successfully managing systems through all phases of the system lifecycle
• Ability to quickly learn new skills and systems
PREFERRED TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Veritas NetBackup Appliances
• Linux administration background
• Perl and/or shell scripting skills
• SAN administration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.