Myriad Genetics is looking for a Windows systems administrator who possesses a strong level of experience and technical skill, will contribute within a fantastic team, and can demonstrate excellent customer service and initiative to ensure the business needs are understood and met.
· Perform design, implementation, and administration of hardware and software systems including, but not limited to:
o Servers - Windows(2008, 2008 R2, 2012R2, 2016)
o VMware- ESX Infrastructure, NSX, View, Airwatch/Workspace One
o Dell server hardware
o Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, MailGate, VPN, WSUS, Microsoft Endpoint Protection, IIS/apache, Certificate Authority, MS SQL, MS SCCM, SharePoint
o Identity Management systems
o Backup/recovery systems (NetBackup Enterprise)
o Scanning and content management systems
· Contribute to on-call rotation for 24x7 support of Windows server systems.
· Participate in scheduled off hours monthly maintenance activities
· Resolve ticket requests from the business units and end users in a timely manner
· Train users and cross-train IT staff as needed
· Create documentation for systems and processes and automate applicable processes
· Ensure system backups are executed regularly and efficiently
· Ensure system security through use of tools and standard processes
· Work with vendors and service providers as needed to resolve issues and ensure best practices are followed
Minimum Requirements to be considered for the position:
· BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related degree, or equivalent experience
· 3-6 years of progressively responsible work in Windows server systems, preferably in a medium to large enterprise.
· PowerShell scripting experience
· Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Continuous improvement attitude and proactive mentality to anticipate and plan for future needs and opportunities
· High standard of customer service, quality, and attention to detail
· Ability to utilize a high degree of creativity, analytical thinking, and initiative to solve business problems
· Ability to excel in high pressure multitasking situations
· Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment as well as work independently while following documented processes and procedures
· Desire to share knowledge amongst the team through cross-training and documentation of systems, processes, and procedures
· Strong oral and written English language skills including experience creating written documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
· Experience with successfully managing systems through all phases of the system lifecycle
· Ability to quickly learn new skills and systems
· VMware ESX, Microsoft AD, Exchange, and SQL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.