The Temporary Technician in the Process Engineering Automation department (PEG-Auto) supports the PEG-Auto group as needed. A major part of the position will be participating in continuous improvement projects in conjunction with staff and Technical Development, and participating on cross-functional teams to help execute the Automation Software Development Life Cycle (ASDLC) for new protocols. This position will work with Automation Development, Technical Development, and other PEG-Auto members. As directed by management, this role may also support other needs in the PEG-Auto group as they arise.
This position will work closely with the various lab automation and robotics platforms.
Required Skill Set/Responsibilities:
1. Proficient in Windows 7 use and general file system knowledge within the OS
2. Proficient in general use of Excel and Word
3. General handheld pipetting skills
4. General knowledge of gravimetric testing procedures and the calculations required to perform such testing (including precision and accuracy)
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Familiar with basic technical writing
7. Exhibits a high attention to detail
8. Exhibits good troubleshooting skills
9. Collaborates well with others
10. Can take direction and then work independently
11. Comfortable working at a computer and also in a laboratory environment
12. Comfortable running instruments in a laboratory from a Windows controlled PC
13. Comfortable running liquid handling robots
Supporting documentation for the education and experience requirements are maintained in the employee’s personnel file.
Meets minimum regulatory education requirements:
1. Master’s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
2. Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science, or
Meets minimum internal education and experience requirements:
1. Master’s degree as described above with 6 months clinical lab experience, or
2. Bachelor’s degree as described above with 2 years of lab experience including at least six months clinical lab experience
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Repetitive Motion, Analyzing, Processing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.